FridayJanuary 30
  • USD 475.56
  • EUR 537.95
  • RUB 6.91

Armenian Church surprises guests with luxurious renovation in Istanbul (VIDEO, P

00:04, 26.05.2012 Region: Turkey Theme: Society, Culture

ISTANBUL. – The Surb Vordvoc Vorotman Armenian Church in Istanbul opened its doors to the believers after 1.5 years of renovation works. It amazed visitors with its luxurious renovation works.

70 percent of the financing was done by the Turkish Government and the remaining 30 percent by Kumkapi’s Armenian Church Foundation.

For the first time in Turkish history the state financed the renovation works of a church belonging to the Armenian community. The church had not been functioning for 100 years.

$1.5 million were spent on the renovation works which were conducted by Istanbul Armenian architect Gevorg Karagyozyan.

Armenia News -

More in topic

Famous Turkish singer sings in Armenian and cries on stage

“Love people for being a people!”…

Surprise cake for Charles Aznavour

World-renowned French-Armenian singer will turn 90 on May 22…

Charles Aznavour gives an hour-long concert in Yerevan (PHOTO)

World famous singer addressed the audience in Armenian...

Charles Aznavour says he does not feel good

Those accompanying Aznavour explained he had pain in his leg...

New church opens in Armenian bordering village

The construction was sponsored by businessman Artur Karapetyan...

Charles Aznavour: Turkey still has not recognized Armenian Genocide

The famous singer posted his well-known song in memory of the Genocide victims…

Partner news