MondaySeptember 22
  • USD 407.44
  • EUR 523.72
  • RUB 10.55

Botulism poisoning registered in Armenia and Artsakh

19:19, 29.01.2013 Region: Armenia Theme: Society

YEREVAN. – Total of 6 people in Armenia’s Ararat Region was hospitalized due to food poisoning. As a result of the diagnosis analyzes, they got poisoned by butane in canned vegetables prepared at home.

After consuming the can, signs of botulism appeared at the people, including weakness, headache, difficulties of swallowing.

Another case of poisoning was registered in Artsakh [Nagorno-Karabakh] with fatal end. A Saratak village resident Georgiy Sargsyan, 65, consumed canned red pepper on Jan. 17, next day he felt bad and was hospitalized. However, his health deteriorated and he was transferred to Yerevan on Jan. 25, where he died the following day. 

Armenian Ministry of Healthcare again warns the citizens to avoid consuming canned food, prepared at home.

Armenia News - NEWS.am

More in topic

Volunteers offered to give up Facebook for 99 days

An average user spends 17 minutes a day perusing the social media site...

Armenia government discusses new Criminal Code draft concept

The PM instructed to confer on it with all interested departments…

21 arrested during World Cup – Brazil ambassador to Armenia

It’s everyone’s right to protest, but it can’t be uncontrollable…

Ambassador: Brazil hosted 600,000 guests during World Cup

During the final, there were 35 million tweets, but internet connection worked without disruption...

Armenia fights against hailstorms

10,700 shots were fired from 53 anti-hail stations…

Early ripening fruits in Armenia do not contain excessive level of chemicals

We should not consider early ripening fruits or vegetables definitely dangerous...

Partner news
Погода, Новости, загрузка...