June 13
Show news feed

YEREVAN. – Armenia’s Charentsavan city’s 23-year-old resident Hovhannes Babayan lost his life on Thursday evening and while disassembling the city’s boiler which is currently non-operational, Yerkir daily writes.    

“According to our sources, the boiler belonged to the family of Kotayk Regional Governor Kovalenko Shahgaldyan, who sold it five years ago. The new proprietor sold the construction material that came about after disassembling the boiler. [And] The ‘bonus’ was the boiler’s 120-meter long chimney, whose improper disassembling caused the unfortunate accident.      

The brick chimney’s construction channels cost close to US$ 250-300 thousand. According to our information, they initially wanted to dismantle the chimney by the blasting method, but the Shahgaldyan [family] cautioned the proprietor to carry out the disassembling without a noise and in such way that their glass greenhouse, which is located about 50 meters from the chimney, is not damaged. 

The Shahgaldyan’s greenhouse still stands, but a 23-year-old died because of not adhering to the safety rules and disassembling improperly,” Yerkir writes.

This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский