Over the last seven months the number Azerbaijan’s violations of ceasefire with Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh is close to 11 thousand.
The representative of the Chief Staff of the Armenian Armed Forces, Colonel Andranik Mkrtumyan informed the field assistants of the Personal Representatives of OSCE Chairman-in-Office Antal Herdich and Irjie Aberle about the cases during their meeting on Wednesday. They met after the monitoring held along the line of contact between the armed forces of Armenia and Azerbaijan.
”There were about 12,700 cases of ceasefire violation over the last year. Thus, the tension is not reducing. This is a result of Azerbaijani leadership’s refusal to remove the snipers from the contact line,” sad Mkrtumyan.
The representative of the General Staff said that the first two summer months were particularly tensed.
“Azerbaijan was trying to test the nerves of the Armenian side,” he stated.
Ceasefire violations by the Azerbaijanis side resulted in 13 wounded, 12 of them this June.
“Most of them were wounded as a result of sabotage attacks of the Azerbaijani side,” he said, adding two civilians were wounded in June-July.
Overall three civilians were wounded in the fire opened by the Azerbaijani side this year.