YEREVAN. – An elderly man has died from the burns he had sustained in Armenia’s Kotayk Province.
Police received a report, on Tuesday at 10:20am, informing that Andranik Geghamyan (born in 1936) was taken to capital city Yerevan Research Center of Radiation Medicine and Burns, and with third- and fourth-degree burns to his body.
The police officers who were dispatched found out that, on the same day at around 9:30am, the man had sustained burns from the fire caused by the paper of the cigarette he was smoking at home, the police informed.
At 7:20pm, Geghamyan died without regaining consciousness.
A report is being prepared on the incident.