Iran's foreign minister has threatened the specter of "all-out war" in the event of the US or Saudi military strikes and that Saudi Arabia would have to fight "to the last American soldier", CNN reported.
Earlier, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the US would not tolerate Iran’s threatening behavior, which Saudi and US officials accuse of attacking the kingdom’s oil facilities last weekend.
"I make a very serious statement about defending our country. I am making a very serious statement that we don't want to engage in a military confrontation," said Zarif. He added that a military response based on "deception" about the weekend attacks would cause "a lot of casualties.”
The largest exporter and one of the three largest oil producers, Saudi Arabia, after the attack on its oil facilities on September 14, reduced production by more than half - by 5.7 million barrels per day from the usual mark of about 9.8 million. The Saudi Minister of Energy announced on September 17 that, thanks to the use of reserves, oil supplies had already returned to their previous level, and that lost production has so far been restored by half.