Authorities in over 40 US cities have imposed curfews amid ongoing riots caused by the death of African American George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, CNN reported.
Here's what cities currently have curfews in place for tonight:
• Arizona: Weeklong statewide curfew
• California: Los Angeles County, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, San Jose
• Colorado: Denver
• District of Columbia
• Florida: Miami, Orange County, Jacksonville, Orlando
• Georgia: Atlanta
• Illinois: Chicago
• Indiana: Indianapolis
• Kentucky: Louisville
• Michigan: Detroit
• Minnesota: Minneapolis, St. Paul
• Missouri: Kansas City
• New Jersey: Atlantic City
• New York: Rochester
• Ohio: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo
• Oregon: Portland, Eugene
• Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
• South Carolina: Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach
• Tennessee: Nashville
• Texas: Dallas, San Antonio
• Utah: Salt Lake City
• Virginia: Richmond
• Washington: Seattle
• Wisconsin: Milwaukee, Madison
State of disaster/emergency:
• Arizona: According to the governor, the emergency declaration will allow police to 'be equipped to make arrests of individuals who are planning to riot, loot or cause damage and unrest.'
• Texas: This allows federal agents to serve as Texas peace officers.
• Virginia: This allows for the mobilization of resources.