Armenian News - NEWS.am presents a digest of the breaking news as of 29.09.2020 amid the escalation in Karabakh:
- Azerbaijan went into active shelling along the entire line of contact on Sunday morning, Artsakh president spokesperson Vahram Poghosyan wrote on his Facebook.
The authorities urge the population to hide.
According to him, civilian settlements, including the capital Stepanakert, are also under fire.
He added that all the responsibility for the situation lies with the military-political leadership of Azerbaijan and Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev.
- In the meantime, Armenian defense ministry spokesperson Shushan Stepnyan added that the Armenian side shot down two enemy helicopters and three drones.
"The battles continue, " she added.
- Stepanyan also noted that the Azerbaijani troops made an attack along the entire length of the line of contact.
"The adversary suffered human and technical casualties, particularly three tanks," she said.
- Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan also took to his Facebook to comment on the news.
"Dear proud citizens of Armenia, proud citizens of Artsakh and Diaspora. The opponent launched an offensive in the direction of Artsakh. The Defense Army successfully resists the attack," Pashinyan said.
- In the meantime, Armenian defense minister Davit Tonoyan held a phone talk with the personal representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office in the Karabakh conflict zone Andrzej Kasprzyk,
Tonoyan presented the situation at the border and said that Azerbaijan had begun another provocation.