Armenia’s Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan made a Facebook post which reads as follows:
"1) What is this war for? The status of Karabakh.
2) Could we have avoided this war? Yes, if we handed over the territories and agreed to an uncertain status of Karabakh, for an indefinite period of time, in the absence of a mechanism for determination of future status.
3) Could we have reached an acceptable or any status for Karabakh through negotiations? No, because the last opportunity [to do so] had ended in 2011 in Kazan.
4) Can we stop this war? Theoretically, yes; with a slightly worse resolution of the option mentioned in point 2.
5) Can the war resolve the matter of the status of Karabakh? Yes, if we achieve successes in the war.
6) Can we achieve successes in the war? Yes, if we consolidate the national potential around that goal and all of us sincerely and selflessly commit to that goal.”