A group of representatives of the Belgian academic, political, legal, and cultural circles have called on Brussels and Europe to take immediate measures in connection with the current escalation of the situation in the Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh) conflict zone.
"We call on Belgium and Europe to act immediately in the face of this dramatic conflict.
● We call on Belgium and the European Union to clearly condemn this attack.
● We cal on them to impose sanctions on EU member candidate and NATO partner Turkey for its involvement in the aggression.
● We call on Belgium, the European Union, and human rights organizations to condemn the use of prohibited missiles and attacks on civilians and civilian infrastructures (the LORA missiles, for example).
● We call on NATO, of which Turkey is a member, to ban it from participating in the attacks on Armenia under any threat of terminating its membership.
● Finally, we call on the international community to immediately end the violence and restore the conditions for a peaceful dialogue, giving priority to the people," reads in particular the statement signed by more than 30 figures.