News
Newsfeed
News
Monday
June 14
Show news feed

The Israeli army is already conducting various preparations for a ground operation in the Gaza Strip, but so far there has been no command to conduct it, said Jonathan Conricus, a spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces.

The troops in the Gaza division are at various stages of preparation, including instructions from the leadership of the General Staff, but so far, no order has been given to carry out such an operation. But military preparations are really underway, said Conricus, answering a question from reporters about the possibility of a ground operation.

Large-scale clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police broke out in East Jerusalem on Saturday night. Riots began in two districts of East Jerusalem at once - near the Temple Mount and in the Sheikh Jarrah quarter, where several Arab families are being evicted by the decision of an Israeli court.

After that, on Monday evening, the situation on the border between Israel and Palestine escalated sharply, whose leadership came out in defense of the Palestinians of Jerusalem, demanding that Israel withdraw from the Temple Mount.

Rocket attacks on Israeli settlements occur almost continuously; according to the latest data, six civilians and one Israeli soldier were killed. Israel attacked the Gaza Strip, hitting targets of Palestinian groups Hamas and Islamic Jihad and killing several militants, including senior warlords. According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, 67 people were killed in Israeli attacks in Gaza.

!
This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Print
Read more:
All