Armenian News - NEWS.am presents the digest of top news of protests in Yerevan as of 27.05.22:
- Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev has implied that the issue of Nagorno Karabakh status will be solved as part of border delimitation with Armenia.
“Once we define the borders with Armenia, there is no issue of Nagorno-Karabakh status,” he stated.
Aliyev also said there is no such administrative unit in Azerbaijan as Nagorno Karabakh, and this is why the international community does not use that name. The recent Brussels meeting once again demonstrated it, Aliyev stated adding that “the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is resolved now.”
- Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan received on Friday Russian Ambassador to Armenia Sergey Kopyrkin.
During the meeting, Pashinyan highlighted the importance of periodic meetings with the ambassadors of the co-chairing countries of the OSCE Minsk Group and operation of this format for the settlement of the Karabakh conflict.
Later Pashinyan met with Ambassador of France to Armenia Anne Louyot. And yesterday the Ambassador of the USA was his guest. All three are the Ambassadors of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairing countries.
- Leaders of the Eurasian Economic Union took part in a meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council.
A dozen issues related to the economic cooperation of the "five" members were discussed by the leaders.
To diversify economic ties, the members of the Supreme Council are considering the prospect of negotiations with Indonesia on a free trade agreement. Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan noted that Armenia is also interested in concluding an agreement between Iran and Eurasian Union.
- The US should not hesitate to hold Azerbaijan accountable for its unprovoked aggression against Artsakh, said Congressman Frank Pallone. Pallone noted that he is encouraged by US Secretary of State Antony Blinken’s conversation with Armenia PM Nikol Pashinyan.
“The U.S. should continue to play an active role to facilitate peace and security in the region, but we should not hesitate to call out Azerbaijan for their unprovoked aggression in Artsakh," he tweeted.
- The Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo has arrived in Yerevan on an official visit.
Yerevan First Deputy Mayor Levon Hovhannisyan met Hidalgo at the Airport.
He expressed hope that during the visit, the programs, which have already been implemented between the two capitals, will be discussed, and said in the coming days, an agreement on partnership in new areas will be reached.