There is not a single frame of protesters using violence against police officers, Human rights activist, former Ombudsman of Artsakh Ruben Melikyan wrote on his Facebook page.
His statement comes as follows:
- THERE IS NO SINGLE footage of protesters using violence against police officers.
- There are LOTS of footage of cops using violence against protesters.
- There is footage showing how policemen throw a flash and sound grenade at other policemen.
And under these conditions:
- a criminal case is initiated under article 225: riots
- 12 (or more) protesters are detained, some of whom were subjected to severe violence
- not one of the police officers who committed the atrocities was not only detained, but no one even said anything about it ...
P.S.: These are “mathematical truths”, and all those who claim otherwise are “experts in all matters” serving Turkish interests,” the human rights activist wrote.