Armenian News - NEWS.am presents the digest of top news of protests in Yerevan as of 28.06.22:
- The next meeting of the special representatives of Armenia and Turkey within the framework of the settlement process will take place on July 1 in Vienna, the press service of the Armenian foreign ministry reported.
The special representative of Armenia is Ruben Rubinyan, deputy speaker of the National Assembly, and that of Turkey is Ambassador Serdar Kilic, a diplomat.
Rubinyan and Kilic first met in January in Moscow, then in February and May—in Vienna.
- The Turkish company Baykar Makina announced that it intends to donate three Bayraktar TB2 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to Ukraine free of charge.
Businessmen and ordinary people have contributed funds - small and large - to achieve this goal over the course of several days. Baykar will not accept payment for TB2 and will send three UAVs to the Ukrainian front free of charge, the company said on Twitter.
Last week, the head of the defense industry department of the Turkish presidential administration, Ismail Demir, said that the country is more cautious about supplying weapons to Ukraine.
- Azerbaijan continues to hold Armenian prisoners of war and civilians as hostages, which is a gross violation of international humanitarian law, Armenian Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan said at the meeting with his Greek counterpart Nikos Dendias.
Ararat Mirzoyan expressed gratitude for the warm reception and underlined that his visit reflects the fraternal nature of the relations between the two peoples and the high level of interstate relations.
Meanwhile, representatives of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) office in Baku visited Armenian captives held in Azerbaijan.
ICRC representatives helped them contact their families via letters, phone calls and video messages during their regular visit in June, Zara Amatuni, head of communication programs of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Armenia told Lurer portal.
- The US State Department's Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs said the Russian co-chair did not accept an invitation to discuss the future of Nagorno-Karabakh.
The US Co-Chair of the OSCE Minsk Group spoke with his colleagues today to discuss the future of Nagorno-Karabakh. Unfortunately, the Russian co-chair did not accept the invitation. We look forward to continuing the work of the Minsk Group, the message says.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, at a joint press conference with his Azerbaijani counterpart on June 24, said that the OSCE Minsk Group ceased its activities on the initiative of the American and French sides.
In turn, Jeyhun Bayramov summed up Lavrov’s words, saying that starting from February 2022, due to well-known reasons, the format of interaction between the co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group was completely paralyzed.