News
Newsfeed
News
Tuesday
October 04
USD
406.22
EUR
397.24
RUB
7.09
Show news feed


The work continues toward extinguishing the fire caused by the strong explosion that took place Sunday at the Surmalu shopping center in Yerevan and searching for the people who remained under the rubble (PHOTOS).

As a result of the explosion, there are six casualties; they are Misak Margaryan, Anahit Mkhitaryan, Jemma Nazaryan, Anahit Khalatyan, Vardan Kocharyan, and Gayane Avetisyan.

According to the latest information, 15 people are still being searched for as a result of the explosion.

The Ministry of Health had reported that 21 victims of this explosion continue to be treated at various hospitals, and they are in moderate condition.

Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan arrived at the scene of the incident early Monday morning.

And a little while ago, Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations of Armenia, Davit Hambaryan, told reporters that the fire caused by the explosion is completely under control. He added that they are dealing with highly flammable materials that were stored in warehouses.

"In fact, the fire happened in the storage areas," he said.

We reported earlier that at 1:23pm on Sunday, the National Crisis Management Center received a report that an explosion had occurred at the Surmalu shopping center in Yerevan. According to preliminary data, there was an explosion and an ensuing fire. There are six casualties, and the number of injured exceeds sixty.

Criminal proceedings have been launched into this strong explosion.

!
This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Print
Read more:
All