News
Newsfeed
News
Friday
February 23
Show news feed

YEREVAN.- Azerbaijan has recently rejected at least four arrangements, Armenian FM Edward Nalbandian said during a press conference with Russian FM Sergey Lavrov.

Commenting on Baku’s constant appeals to the resolutions of the UN Security Council, Nalbandian said they were adopted back in 1993 and contained calls to stop hostilities and sign a ceasefire agreement.

After each resolution Azerbaijan intensified the military actions suffering defeats of the local Armenian forces, the Minister said.

It was an overwhelming defeat, not the UN demand, that urged Baku to ask Karabakh to sign a ceasefire agreement. This fact is mentioned in the book of Russian Ambassador Kazimirov, due to his efforts the agreement was signed.

Nowadays, the chapter on reaching agreement is turned over. Today the sides are engaged in the settlement process. According to Nalbandian, the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group are not referring to these resolutions, as the documents called for ceasefire and had nothing with the settlement process.

The Armenian Foreign Minister pointed out Russian President’s efforts into reconciliation of the positions adding that certain progress has been reached so far. The progress is reflected in the Sochi statement issued by presidents of Armenia, Russia and Azerbaijan.

As to the status quo, Azerbaijanis interpret it as a return of the territories surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh.

However, the Co-Chairs repeatedly stated all the principles and elements proposed as the basis for a settlement, are worked out as a whole, and none of them can be separated, as in this case you can not reach a settlement.

Edward Nalbandian stressed that Azerbaijan has rejected at least four suggestions of the OSCE Minsk Group which speaks of Baku’s true desire.

 

!
This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Print
Photos