The National Assembly of the French Republic unanimously adopted a resolution supporting Armenia and implying sanctions against Azerbaijan, the French Embassy in Armenia reported on its Facebook page.
"Among other provisions, the resolution of the French National Assembly
- Calls for the immediate and unconditional release and repatriation of all Armenian prisoners of war
- Invites the government to consider individual sanctions in case of continued occupation and attacks by Azerbaijan on Armenia's sovereign territory
- Calls on the government to continue its mediation efforts to resolve the security of the Armenian population of Nagorno-Karabakh, in accordance with the provisions of NA Resolution 502 of 2020 (the said resolution invites the government to recognize Nagorno-Karabakh);
- Invites the government to consider strengthening Armenia's defense capabilities;
- Calls on international organizations to take all measures to protect the Armenian cultural and religious heritage in the territories of Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh under Azerbaijani control.
The resolution was presented on behalf of the majority of the National Assembly-ruling "Renaissance" faction.
The ambassador and the staff of Armenia's embassy in France were present at the meeting as guests of honor.
The text of the resolution can be read at the following link