December 10
Show news feed

Former Armenian Prime Minister Vazgen Manukyan told protesters to block streets in Yerevan after the rally held in Republic Square in support of Nagorno-Karabakh that has come under fire by Azerbaijan’s Armed Forces.

“After the rally is over, go in groups to different streets, block the streets until 9:30 p.m., paralyze what you can,” he said.

"Now we should start the process of bringing the government to its knees quickly. Tomorrow at 11 a.m. a meeting of the government will take place in this building, which is not a government for us. The government that instigated the Artsakh genocide and now threatens Armenia's borders does not exist. We will surround from 10 a.m. tomorrow and will not allow the government session to take place. I call on our youth to organize actions of disobedience everywhere," Vazgen Manukyan added.

Azerbaijan launched a large-scale attack against Nagorno-Karabakh on September 19. Nagorno-Karabakh has confirmed that 200 people have died and more than 400 wounded, including civilians, because of Azerbaijan’s aggression. Azerbaijani opposition media that report that 80 Azerbaijani soldiers have died during the military aggression.

On September 20, the authorities of Nagorno-Karabakh accepted the proposal of the command of the Russian peacekeeping mission regarding the cessation of fire. The proposal by Azerbaijan envisages the withdrawal of the remaining units and servicemen of the RA Armed Forces from the deployment zone of the Russian peacekeeper and the dissolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh armed formations; the complete disarmament of the Defense Army, as well as the withdrawal of heavy equipment and weapons from the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh in order to quickly eliminate them.

The Azerbaijani forces resumed the fire on Stepanakert today while a delegation representing Nagorno-Karabakh was holding a meeting with Azerbaijani representatives in the Azerbaijani city of Yevlakh to discuss the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh and further actions. Following the meeting, the delegation said that no final agreement was reached and that the details must be agreed upon. Azerbaijan later said an agreement was reached to hold another meeting.

This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский