Armenian News - NEWS.am presents the latest news on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia as of 02.12.2020:
• Azerbaijani army units have entered Lachin Region, the defense ministry's press service reported.
Under the trilateral statement on the ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh, Lachin (Berdzor) is the last of the three regions to be occupied by Baku forces.
Russia's defense ministry, in turn, has released a video of monitoring ceasefire in the Lachin corridor.
Later, Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev has proposed the creation of a corridor connecting Nakhchivan with the western part of the country. The Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic belongs to Azerbaijan but is divided from the latter by the territory of Armenia.
• The Director of the National Security Service (NSS) of Armenia, Armen Abazyan, is leaving for Moscow, NSS press service reported.
But the NSS provided no information when asked with what agenda the NSS chief was heading for the Russian capital.
• The relatives of the missing servicemen were protesting Tuesday. They were protesting outside the Etchmiadzin city military unit and the Russian embassy in Yerevan and later headed to the defense ministry building.
They demand a meeting with the newly appointed defense minister, Vagharshak Harutyunyan.
Meanwhile, numerous arts and craftsmen of Armenia were picketing in front of the US embassy. They handed over the latter to the embassy. The intellectuals have already visited the Russian and French embassies and handed letters asking for assistance in having the Armenian captives and missing persons returned.
• Hunan Poghosyan, the governor of the Syunik region of Armenia, has resigned, the adviser to governor Armine Avagyan noted.
"No matter how clear, logical, and convincing the arguments, explanations, justifications may seem, I still could not and cannot come to terms with the current realities," he noted.
• Turkey's participation in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is "problematic" for maintaining unity in the ranks of NATO, US ambassador to NATO Kay Bailey Hutchinson told the National newspaper ahead of the summit of NATO FMs.
"Some of the behaviour that has been mentioned is problematic to the unity of the alliance and the alliance is strong because we are unified," she said.
• The opposition Prosperous Armenia and Bright Armenia factions of the National Assembly were launching urgent parliamentary debates on the matter of returning the Armenian POWs and captive civilians.
The debates will take place at the third main session of the NA regular sessions to be convened on December 8.
• Gor Gevorgyan has decided to leave the majority My Step faction in the National Assembly of Armenia and become an independent MP; Gevorgyan informed about this on Facebook.