Armenian News - NEWS.am presents the daily digest of Armenia-related top news as of 13.10.21:
- Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan and Russian president Vladimir Putin met on Tuesday in Moscow.
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan has said his meeting Tuesday with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow "productive."
"I met with Russian President Vladimir Putin today. The meeting was very productive. We discussed the bilateral agenda and the situation in the region. We will continue contacts to implement the agreements reached," Pashinyan tweeted Tuesday evening.
This was the fourth meeting of the leaders of the two countries this year.
Amond other issues, the sides discussed Nagorno-Karabakh issues.
Other details are not yet known.
- Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev demands from Russian peacekeepers to "prevent the illegal entry of foreign citizens to Karabakh." He said this in an interview with la Repubblica daily of Italy.
Aliyev expressed satisfaction with the activities of Russian peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh (Artsakh). "The war [there] ended about a year ago, and Russian peacekeepers are stationed in Azerbaijan—in the Karabakh region. The situation is stable during this period, except for a few minor incidents, and we are generally satisfied," he said.
At the same time, however, Aliyev expressed hope that the Russian side will prevent the “illegal entry” of foreign citizens to Karabakh. "In particular, there is a question about foreigners who need to get permission from Azerbaijan to visit Azerbaijani territories which are under the responsibility zone of Russian peacekeepers," said Ilham Aliyev.
- Spokesperson for the President of Turkey Ibrahim Kalin has covered the topics of the Biden-Erdogan meeting.
Kalin told Milliyet that the main topics of the Biden-Erdogan meeting at G20 will be the bilateral ties, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Nagorno-Karabakh, Libya and major regional developments.
- Armenian and Indian FMs have discussed the possibility of transit via the Iranian port.
The distance and insufficiency of sea and land roads are an obstacle for contacts and economic and trade cooperation between our countries, said visiting Minister of External Affairs of India, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, at Wednesday’s joint news conference in Yerevan with his Armenian colleague, Ararat Mirzoyan.
According to him, the trade agreement with Eurasia is currently being discussed—and also taking into account Armenia's agreement with the European Union.
The Indian official noted the importance of communications.
- Diplomatic and political ties between Iran and Armenia have always been very good, visiting Iranian Prosecutor General Mohammad Jafar Montazeri said after his meeting in Yerevan with Armenian Prosecutor General Artur Davtyan.
According to Montazeri, the cooperation between Iran and Armenia should be at the highest level and there are preconditions for that.
"Armenia and Iran have confirmed that the terrorists spotted on our borders are by no means tolerable. The terrorists must disappear as soon as possible. We can take drastic steps, but I hope that before that, the neighboring countries themselves will start resolving the issue," the Iranian Prosecutor General noted.
- As of Wednesday morning, 1,217 new cases of the coronavirus were confirmed in Armenia, and the total number of these cases has reached 275,077 in the country, Armenian News-NEWS.am has learned from the National Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Also, 28 more deaths from COVID-19 were registered, making the respective total 5,646 cases.