YEREVAN. – The situation at Baghramyan Avenue is rather tense after protester followed the leader of the opposition Civil Contract party Nikol Pashinyan crossed the barbed wire (PHOTOS).
Police used “special means” of crowd control, the Armenian News-NEWS.am correspondent reports from the site.
- Demonstrators block, sit on another downtown Yerevan street
- Clashes occur near Yerevan police station
- One of Yerevan metro stations closed
- Pashinyan: If parliament session is somewhere else, we will take Yerevan under our control
- Opposition demonstrators block several downtown Yerevan streets
- Opposition protesters block Baghramyan Avenue in Yerevan, police form human chain
- Armenia Police urge opposition leader MP, supporters to refrain from unlawful actions