News
Newsfeed
News
Sunday
February 05
USD
395.53
EUR
393.43
RUB
6.42
Show news feed

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said Monday that he hoped for a positive US response to the EU proposal aimed at salvaging the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action - ed.) as soon as this week, Reuters reported.

Borrell also noted that Iran gave a reasonable response to the proposal, which followed 16 months of leisurely, indirect US-Iranian talks in which the EU shuttled between the parties. The contents of the proposal have not been made public.

"There was a proposal from me as coordinator of the negotiations saying 'this is the equilibrium we reached, I don't think we can improve it on one side or the other'... and there was a response from Iran that I considered reasonable," Borrell said at a university event in the Spanish city of Santander.

"It was transmitted to the United States which has not yet responded formally... I hope the response will put an end to the negotiations," he added.

An EU official previously said the proposal was the bloc's "final offer" to renew the pact, suspended in 2018 by the administration of then-US President Donald Trump.

!
This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Print
Read more:
All