December 02
Show news feed

The resident of Arzakan village, Kotayk Province, who killed two people and stabbed three others, has been detained. Armenian has learned about this from the Police of Armenia.

On August 27, at 5:10am, the police received a call from the Charentsavan city hospital that two residents of Arzakan village—a 57-year-old man and a 52-year-old woman—with puncture wounds were brought to this medical center. They were husband and wife.

The woman told the police that on August 27, around 3:30am, a 46-year-old fellow villager had entered their bedroom, beaten her, stabbed her elbow with a knife, then stabbed her husband several times with the same knife.

In order to find this 46-year-old resident of Arzakan village, the police went to his house, where they found the dead body of his 35-year-old wife—and with her neck partially cut—in the bedroom.

Measures were started to find Zorik Melkonyan, the suspect.

On August 30, at around 8:50am, a report was received from the operational control center of the police to the Kotayk department that a person who called the police had informed that a person was killed in Balahovit village and the perpetrator had fled the scene.

At 9:08an, another report was received from the operational control center of the police to the Kotayk department. This time the director of company had called the police and informed that an employee was stabbed in the production area of the company in Balahovit village and, according to eyewitnesses, the stabber is Zorik Melkonyan, who had killed his wife in Arzakan village, and who previously worked in that company.

Then, a call was received from the Abovyan city hospital that dead body of a 34-year-old man and a 29-year-old man with stab wounds were brought to this medical center.

At 12:40am on August 31, the police received a call from an Abovyan gasoline station employee. He informed that between 4am and 4:30am on August 30, Zorik Melkonyan had come to this gasoline station, demanded food and cigarettes under knife threat, received them, and had left. Between 7am and 7:30am, he had returned to the same gasoline station, but this time demanded money, tire, mobile phone card and money, then left.

On September 3, at 3:15am, Melkonyan turned himself in to the Charentsavan Police Department and was detained.

He confessed to killing his wife, Seda P., and Sos G., 34, as well as stabbing three others.

The criminal proceedings are continuing.

This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Read more: