News
Newsfeed
News
Saturday
April 13
Show news feed

The third servicemen, who suffered burns from the fire that broke out in a military accommodation in Armenia, also has been transferred from the hospital intensive care unit to the ward. Hripsime Khachatryan, press secretary of the Ministry of Health, told Armenian News-NEWS.am about this.

The Ministry of Health had reported on January 27 that one of the soldiers who suffered burns in the aforesaid fire had been transferred from the hospital intensive care unit to the ward.

Earlier, Armenian News-NEWS.am reported that at around 1:30am on January 19, a fire broke out in the accommodation of the engineering-sapper platoon of the military unit located in the territory of Azat village of Armenia’s Gegharkunik Province. Fifteen servicemen have died as a result of this fire, and seven others were injured. Four of them were discharged from the Vardenis town hospital after receiving medical treatment, whereas three others with severe burns were transported to National Center of Burns and Dermatology in the capital Yerevan.

Immediately after the incident, the commander of the 2nd Army Corps and seven other high-ranking military personnel were relieved of their positions.

A few hours after the incident, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said at the Cabinet meeting of the government that an officer had poured gasoline in the stove of the aforesaid accommodation. After which, when the fire had gotten to him, he had thrown—with a self-protective instinct—the 5-liter can of gasoline in his hand towards the accommodation, and this had caused the fire.

But later, the platoon commander told reporters that there was no gasoline in the accommodation, essentially refuting the PM. The Military Prosecutor also stated that it is not yet clear whether it was gasoline or diesel fuel.

Criminal proceedings have been launched into this incident.

!
This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Print
Read more:
All
Photos