The Office of Human Rights Defender of Armenia, summarizing the results of the monitoring carried out by the staff regarding the human rights situation, notes that a humanitarian disaster has been created in Nagorno-Karabakh because of Azerbaijan's targeting of civilian settlements and infrastructures.
- There are many victims and wounded, including among the civilian population (including children),
- There is no information about the fate of many people, including women, children and the elderly,
- Families are separated. Due to the Azerbaijani shelling, people were forced to leave their homes and settlements,
- Communication is disrupted both within Nagorno Karabakh and with the outside world,
- The health care system has been paralyzed, people are deprived of the opportunity to receive even first aid,
- The fundamental rights of people are widely violated, including the right to live with dignity in peaceful conditions, children's education, health care, etc.
Azerbaijan implements a genocidal policy. The actions of the Armed Forces of that country, official announcements, media publications, as well as the posts of Azerbaijani users of social networks clearly testify to the intention of the Azerbaijani authorities to carry out ethnic cleansing in Nagorno-Karabakh.
The staff of the Human Rights Defender of Armenia continues the monitoring process.