News
Newsfeed
News
Tuesday
July 23
USD
476.18
EUR
534.18
RUB
7.56
ME-USD
0.17
Show news feed

YEREVAN. – The cases of the people who are convicted on the March 1 [2008] case will be reviewed, and the prosecutor’s office has launched the process.

The Prosecutor General of Armenia, Artur Davtyan, on Wednesday told the above-said to reporters.

And to the remark that Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan was also convicted after the March 2008 events and asked whether his case also may be reviewed, the attorney general responded as follows: “The factual data existing in the previously reached judicial acts are combined with new data. And when we see a need for carrying out proceedings with the newly emerged circumstances according to the letter of the law, it [reviewing the case] will be carried out regardless of who he is.”

In 2010, Nikol Pashinyan was sentenced to seven years in prison in connection with the March 2008 criminal case, but he was released under the amnesty that was declared on May 26, 2011.

On March 1 and 2, 2008 the then authorities of Armenia used force against the opposition members who were rallying in downtown capital city Yerevan, and against the results of the presidential election on February 19, 2008. Eight demonstrators as well as two servicemen of the internal troops were killed in the clashes. But no one had been brought to account for these deaths, to this day.

!
This text available in   Հայերեն and Русский
Print
Read more:
All